There are many types of human coronavirus but the type that causes COVID-19 is very contagious. Good news is that coronavirus is one of the easiest types of viruses to kill. Keeping everyone healthy is possible if we all do our part. At Ridge Commons Family Dentistry, we are commited to do our part to provide a safe and healthy enviroment for everyone.
HOW RIDGE COMMONS FAMILY DENTISTRY fights COVID-19:
- Staff are cross trained to perform assessments on every patient prior to appointments
- Anyone with symptoms or a temperature reading above 100F will be rescheduled and need to seek medical care
- Everybody, including staff, patients and family members coming into the office will be required to have their temperature taken
- Everyone is required to wear to mask when entering the office and removed only when in the dental chair
- Like always, we are constantly and continuously wiping down EVERYTHING in the office with hospital grade disinfectants
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing and after going to the bathroom.
- Use hand sanitizer (at least 70% alcohol) in combination to washing hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wipe down your phones, iPad, keys, headphones, doorknobs, light switches, basically EVERYTHING you touch often
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash such as Listerine or warm, salt water in the morning and before bed
- Drink warm water throughout the day!
- If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms, do not skip your routine dental checkup/cleaning. Your dentist will make sure to screen for oral cancer at your visits and reduce the bacterial load in your mouth with the hygiene dental cleaning. Both proceduresf will help you stay healthy and prevent major dental issues in the future.